Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Still focused on death

My subconscious is still focused on death and I don't know why! I thought I got over this by first writing GARDEN OF DREAMS and ROOM 812, and the newest short play I finished last night BLANK CANVAS circles around death once again. I've discovered that my writing style is to just write, much like PGK, after trying the outline view. However, I DO have in the back of my mind a structure, I still free flow and have the characters speak through my pen... and I keep coming back to someone crying because of someones death. I need therapy. It's been two years since the passing of my dad and one of my best friends and this still keeps coming back, like some really deeply rooted theme that needs to come out, which it does in my writings.

OKAY. Now that I've gotten this out of my way, hopefully, I'll consciously move on to something more lighthearted. Meaning that I have to read some Durang to get me in that mode of thinking!

No comments: