Thursday, June 12, 2008

Another crossroad

I'm thinking that I should be writing this on my other blog site, but it applies here as well. I'm at another crossroad it seems. I can either audition to act in a play which will take place later this summer or continue writing by seeking out lessons and looking for other theater work. I guess I'm at this juncture because I can finally take stock of where I truly am in this time and space that some call life. I've spent so much, if not all, of my life trying to fit in by doing a lot of things, more recently within the last 5 years, by doing the theater thing. I love the theater. And this weekend, I solidified my love for writing for the stage. And to my surprise, possibly writing for film/video/DV.

I'm 36. I don't feel like I have anything yet to show my existence in doing something I love. In order to do this, my goal in playwriting terminology, I know that I have to focus on WRITING. I got close to so many people with Bindlestiff, but is that what my ultimate goal is? Or should it be to hopefully one day, write something that these amazing performers can take and run and make fly.

You're the first to read these thoughts are pouring out of my fingertips and spilling onto this keyboard, but I'm have to step away from the stage. I have to do this in order for the amazing artists to grace the stage and take my words to transport an audience into my world. A world that can only be seen through my journey through life. This journey that I've been so lucky to have been on as to where I can finally see the top of my Hierarchy of Needs - self-identity. Knowing what my role in life ultimately is - a playwright.

No comments: