Saturday, January 5, 2008

New short play - Leaving My <3 In SF

Hi... geez, getting back to this blog kinda makes me feel like I haven't seen the friend in a long time that I purposely didn't want to meet and now I fumble for the right excuse... not that I do this or anything. lalala.

Anyways, as you can obviously see, I took a break from writing. Subconsciously, because of what happened at my last reading of the play entitled above. It went horrible. Understandably so. And as a creator of art, I should have the forethought of knowing that any sense of make believe I conjure up will be subject to ridicule, but... it hurt. Again, the battling forces of what my mind thinks and how my ego responds ensued. For the last couple of months, the emotional ego got the best of me.

The best cure against this kawawa moment of writer non-worthiness... a deadline. a producer from stories high (the one i'm secretly in love with can't say this cuz i don't need the drama... plus i'm a total dork around her - which might be possibly construed as a sign of liking someone. hmmm... dorkiness factored with the i like lust after you variability. but i digress...) called me and asked where was my script for a reading that will take place on one of my best friend's birthdays. I really hope that it goes well if this play is selected.

here it is: the obligatory click here leads you to my new 10-minute play, LEAVING MY <3 IN SAN FRANCISCO.

Update:I just re-read it again. Not too bad for a first draft, well, technically second draft. Has some potential. eh... still not my best, but that's what keeps me coming back for more abuse :)

1 comment:

Suzanne Lieurance said...

Hey,

I enjoyed reading your play. I think you've found your "voice" - at least in this story. The "voice" was very strong!

Keep writing!

Suzanne Lieurance
The Working Writer's Coach
http://www.workingwriterscoach.com