Friday, December 8, 2006

A Scene from GARDEN OF DREAMS

I don't want to let go of the part of me that i really like... and miss. This is from a scene from a play i'm writing called "A Dance in the Garden of Memories" aka "Letting Go" aka some other title that i'll come up with in the next couple of minutes. this is my favorite scene because it includes the LAST song i ever wrote for someone and sang it for... peace and hopefully many more songs to come.

===========


(slow jam music starts to play)

LISA
I can't believe that seven years have gone by already. Thank you.

R.J.
Right back at 'cha. (pause) You know, I just realized that this is how we first met… with us dancing.

(Music fades out)

R.J.
Lisa, I just wanted to let you know that these years with you have been the greatest of my life. We started out as kids in college with no money, and now as adults… still with no money… but we'll get there… and I want to make sure that it's together.

(R.J. sings)
DEAR, DO YOU WONDER
WHAT IT'D BE LIKE TEN YEARS FROM NOW?
CUZ I OFTEN DO

THERE, WE WOULD BE
TOGETHER YOU AND ME
WAKING UP IN EACH OTHER'S ARMS

AND IT WOULD BE THE GREATEST
DREAM COME TRUE FOR ME
IF ONLY YOU'D SAY YES TO

(RYAN gets down on one knee and opens a box with THE RING.)

WILL YOU MARRY ME?

(Speechless, LISA just nods her head “Yes” and he puts the ring on her finger. They kiss and hug.)

RYAN
(Offstage V.O. through the walkie-talkie)
Dude, what'd she say?

(LISA Picks up the walkie-talkie)

LISA
She said, yes!

RYAN AND MOON
(Offstage)
Whoo-hoo! Yes!


MOON
(Offstage)
Ha! You owe me 10 bucks!

(“Celebration” by Kool and the Gang is faded in as the Lights fade out.)

RYAN
(V.O.)
This is for R.J. and Lisa - the newly engaged couple. See ya at the wedding!

No comments: